We had a fantastic turnout at the CDE Showcase as part of the BFX Festival 2019. CDE Research Engineers from both the University of Bath and Bournemouth University took part, showcasing research posters and demos. The showcase took place in early October. BFX has been operatingand hosted by Bournemouth University since 2013. The festival has become established as an international event that inspires both current and future generations of artists, technicians and engineers, and that celebrates all aspects of VFX, animation and gamesâ unique mix of technical and creative practices.
Interactive demos included:
- Augmended reality museum education quiz with andAR as a cognitive prosthesis for people living with dementiaThomas Williamsand Designability
- Augmented Music Interaction and Gamification with Jack Brett and Roli
- Resuscitation VR with Thomas Matthews and AiSolve
- Haptic device demos with Rory Clark and Ultraleap
- Optimisation of the number and placement of markers / joints for deformation transfer and decomposition with Roberk Kosk and Humain
- Example of using TensorFlow Lite with Unity3D on Smartphones with Valentin Miu and Playfusion
Click on the student names above to find out more about their research. You can also find out more about our partner companies here.
CDE Research Engineers had access to networkingwith industry members and were able showcase their research to industry and future research generations, gaining valuable feedback regarding their research interests. It was the perfect opportunity to bring the research engineers together for some fun but primarily to share ideas and key learnings.
Thank you to everyone who took part in the showcase. We look forward to seeing you all again next year, with even more interactive demos.